I know. It sounds weird?
But, I'm gonna be completely honest with you, I HATE wearing a bra! I don't know if it has to do with the God given blessing(s) that I've been given are more than most (guess I've been "blessed" in quite a few other areas too,lol) or just the fact that bras just aren't very comfortable. Bottom line is, HAVING to wear a bra to do a workout can be somewhat of a hindrance, for me anyways. Any excuse I can find to not workout, I will!
Soooo, with the New Year's Resolution, blah, blah, blah, stuff here again, I, like every other living breathing woman, am looking to incorporate more activity into my daily life.
In order to wipe out EVERY excuse this workout is PJ approved, roll out of bed ready, and BRALESS too!
Hope you enjoy!!
SUPPLIES: You will need some minor workout equipment! A stability ball and Kettlebells. I got both of these items at Aldi this week on sale! A stability ball = $7.99 and a 30 pound Kettlebell set = $24.99! Worth every PENNY:)
ALDI STABILITY BALL
ALDI KETTLEBELL SET
1. Wake up, roll out of bed, and get movin!!
2. 50 Kettlebell swings - no stopping if possible. Start with 10 lb Kettlebell and work your way up.
3. 20-25 Ball Bounces. Sit on ball with knees at 90 degree angle and bounce up and down. (Not too much, remember you're braless:)
4. Ball Planks - 30 seconds (starting out) - 60 seconds or more (advancing). Rest your elbows on the ball getting your balance and lift your lower body. Balance and hold this position for 30-60 seconds keeping tummy tight. Repeat once. More if you are superwoman!
5. 8-12 Ball Push Ups - Put your torso (easier) and work to your feet (hardest) on the ball and hands at chest and do push ups. Do as many as you can, concentrating on your form.
6. 8-12 Wall Squats - Place ball behind you and the wall at about your middle back. Keeping your knees above your ankles (never let knees go over your ankles) and leaning back on the ball, simply squat down as low as you can, but only till upper thigh is parallel with the floor. Come back up. Make sure to do this slowly and methodically, concentrating on the muscles being worked! This is a great leg exercise! Feel free to do 2-3 sets of these!
7. 8-12 Inner and Outer thigh leg lifts. Lay on your side with the ball between your ankles and feet. Bring you feet inward securing the ball. Now lift your bottom leg off the floor (as far as you can) and repeat. Then switch sides and do another set.
8. 8-12 Back Extensions - Lay tummy on the ball and then extend legs behind you (if you can't do this yet, then leave legs bent) and on your toes. Please hands locked behind head and lift upper torso up and then go back down. Repeat.
9. 8-12 Ab Crunches - 2-3 Sets - Lay on ball with middle of back resting on ball and feet squarely on the floor. Place hand behind head and crunch upwards pulling tummy in and not rolling the ball. You don't have to crunch all the way up, just enough to contract the ab muscles (you'll feel it). Slowly go back to starting position and repeat. You can work your Oblique muscles by twisting to the left side then right side as well for a variation.
10. 8-12 Leg Curls - 2-3 sets - Lay on the ground with bottom of calves and feet on the ball. Lift Hips up so that your body straight. Pull feet in towards you, bending the knees, while keeping pressure on the ball and maintaining balance. Then push feet back out. DO NOT let your bottom touch the floor. This will work the buttocks and legs.
11. 8-12 Hip Raises - Rest your upper and middle back on the ball with legs bent and feet squarely on the floor. Raise your hips as shown below and slowly repeat for 8-12 reps.
12. 8-12 Kettlebell Bicep Curls - 2-3 Sets - Take the 5 lb Kettlebell (or more if you're up to it!) in one hand and do a simple bicep curl 8-12 reps with each arm.
*Just use your Kettlebell instead of hand weights or use hand weights if you prefer.
13. 8-12 Kettlebell Overhead Tricep Extensions - 2-3 Sets - Take 10 lb Kettlebell (or you can do one arm at a time and do a 5 lb). Make sure that you can see your elbows in your peripheral vision. Lift the weight up without locking your elbows and then lower down again. Repeat.
14. Stretch on the ball - Make sure to take time to stretch! It'll make your muscles and body feel amazing! Some of my favorites are pictured below.
15. Start your day! It's amazing how this short 15 minutes workout can get your blood pumping! IF you really want to boost your workout, do it again before bed!
Let me know how this BRALESS workout works for you!!
** Please note that I am not a licensed trainer and/or doctor of any kind! Please check with you doctor BEFORE starting any workout program;)