Monday, January 14, 2013

Yummy Roasted Veggies!


YUMMY ROASTED VEGGIES!


OK, it's no secret that we all NEED to eat more fruits and vegetables, but how do we get them in without spending hours everyday cutting, chopping, washing, and etc?

In an attempt to incorporate more vegetables in my own diet and hopefully in those of my husband and children as well, I decided to start roasting them!  The roasted flavor of say broccoli or brussels sprouts and different than any other way that I've tried cooking them in the past.  They come out with a nuttier and toasted flavor that is simply DELISH!

Here is a quick recipe (in a loose sense of the word) that you can follow to get started, but I encourage you to try different seasoning, oils, etc!
Make it your own!

1. I start with Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes, and whatever you want really.  I make sure they are all cut approx the same size.  You can also sweet potatoes, cauliflower, onions, whole garlic cloves, and even tomatoes (if you've never roasted a tomato, omg you do not know what you are missing!)

2. I then put them all in a big bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tastefully simple seasoned salt (or any that you like), and garlic powder and mix to coat. Sometimes I add Parmesan cheese too. You can really use whatever you want. 

3. Then I roast them at 400 in oven for about 30 min or until broccoli starts to brown and get crispy. Sometimes I mix them half way in between if I remember!

I usually store them in a large container and then use them everyday in the following ways:


  • Salads
  • Sandwiches
  • Mixed in eggs
  • Add beans and rice for a great meal
  • Add an Asian flare with a little tamari or soy sauce and some yummy brown rice
  • Add to a broth and make a tasty roasted veggie soup

The possibilities are endless!  
They should last about 5 days in the fridge.  (If you can keep them around that long)
ENJOY!!

Feel free to leave comments or ideas and please share this blog with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment